英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第370期:第二十四章 僵局(17)(在线收听

   He folded his arms on the side of my bed and rested his chin on his arms. His expression was smooth, the anger reined in. Evidently he'd decided he wasn't angry with me.  他把手臂交叠在我的床边,然后把下巴放在自己的手臂上。他的表情平静下来,他的愤怒遏制住了。很显然他已经决定了不对我发火了。

  I hoped I'd get a chance to warn Alice before he caught up with her. 我希望我有机会在他抓到爱丽丝以前警告她。
  "You have saved me," he said quietly. “你确实救了我。”他安静地说着。
  "I can't always be Lois Lane," I insisted. "I want to be Superman, too." “我不能总当露易丝?莱恩。”我坚持着。“我也想当超人。”
  "You don't know what you're asking." His voice was soft; he stared intently at the edge of the pillowcase. “你不知道你自己在要求着什么。”他的声音很温柔,他紧张地盯着枕头套的边缘。
  "I think I do." “我想我知道。”
  "Bella, you don't know. I've had almost ninety years to think about this, and I'm still not sure." “贝拉,你不知道。我花了将近九十年的时间去思考这件事,而我还是不能确定。”
  "Do you wish that Carlisle hadn't saved you?" “你希望卡莱尔没有救你吗?”
  "No, I don't wish that." He paused before continuing. "But my life was over. I wasn't giving anything up." “不,我不希望那样。”他停顿了片刻,然后继续说道。“但我的生命已经结束了。我不必放弃任何东西。”
  "You are my life. You're the only thing it would hurt me to lose." I was getting better at this. It was easy to admit how much I needed him. “你就是我的生命。失去你是唯一能伤害我的事。”我能更好地说出这话了。承认我有多么需要他变得容易了。
  He was very calm, though. Decided. 可是,他非常地冷静。他做出了决定。
  "I can't do it, Bella. I won't do that to you." “我不能这样做,贝拉。我不能让那样的事发生在你身上。”
  "Why not?" My throat rasped and the words weren't as loud as I'd meant them to be. "Don't tell me it's too hard!  “为什么不能?”我的喉头沙哑着,我大声地说出了那句话,尽管我本意并不想这样大声说的。“别告诉我这太艰难了!
  After today, or I guess it was a few days ago… anyway, after that, it should be nothing." 在今天以后,或者我猜那已经是很多天以前的事了……无论如何,在那之后,这就不算什么。”
  He glared at me. 他瞪着我。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438912.html