外贸英语话题王 第114期:质量纠纷(在线收听

   Disputes of quality 质量纠纷

  Mr. Brown.I am very sorry for the unpleasant happenings, 布朗先生,对所发生的事情我深感遗憾。
  and that you had to come from Britain to pay us a personal visit in China to clarify the ins and outs of the case. 很抱歉麻烦您从英国亲自赶到中国来澄清此案的来龙去脉。
  I never thought that the rails produced by our company were of inferior quality and I am afraid that your testing results might not be that reliable. 我认为我公司生产的铁轨不是劣质的,恐怕您的检验结果不可靠。
  I have to inform you that 10 days ago when the first lot of rails arrived and were found to be inferior that we promptly faxed you, 我得提醒您,10天前,也就是第一批货运到时,我们发现货物有问题,我们立即给你们发传真,
  but it was not until a week lager that you replied.  但直到一周以后,你们才回复。
  How could you have such poor-quality rails delivered to us? 怎么能将这样劣等的铁轨交付给我们呢?
  We have studied your testing data and all other relevant documents you presented us since my arrival in China.  抵达中国后,我研究了你们的检验结果和其他相关文件。
  Still, we don't see anything convincing. 但还是发现不了什么令人信服的东西。
  We tested your products by using the method stipulated in the contract.  我们是用合同上规定的方法检测你们的产品的。
  You will find that on our certificates.  在我们的证明中你们可以发现这一点。
  I suggest that you inspect your products.  我建议你亲自去看看你们的产品。
  They are still stored on the dock.  它们仍堆在码头上。
  Some of the ratls have been seriously corroded with rust.  一些铁轨已经严重锈蚀。
  You can see pits and even dents with depths 3mm.  您可以看到一些凹坑达3毫米。
  The most serious matter is that one fourth of the rails are bent.  最严重的是四分之一的铁轨已经弯曲变形。
  All these defects are noticeable without any testing equipment. 不用任何检验设备都能看得出来。
  Anything may have happened if the goods had been off-loaded at the wharf for a long period of time. 如果货物这么长时间扔在码头上,任何事情都可能发生。
  I am not convinced.  我不相信。
  In spite of our repeated complaints and warnings, the second lot that arrived just yesterday was found to be as inferior as the previous lot.  尽管我们多次表示不满并提出警告,昨天第二批货到港,发现和第一批一样,仍为劣等货。
  If you persist in your reasoning, I am afraid we'll have no other choice but to terminate our contract and submit the case for arbitration. 如果贵方执迷不悟,恐怕我们只好终止合同,没有别的选择,并将此案交付仲裁。
  I agree.  我们同意。
  Perhaps an arbitrator will be objective. 也许仲裁更客观一些。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyhtw/449623.html