TED演讲:取消订阅邮件的苦恼(5)(在线收听

 And so why...I have a little email auto-replier program. 于是我做了一个邮件自动回复程序。

And what I did is I set it up so every time it receives an email from SafeMart, it just pings one back. Right? 我设置好了程序,每一次从安全超市收到邮件,它就这样发送一封回去。
So I set it up, and it says, "Thanks for your email - your Case Number is ..." 我设置好的内容是,“谢谢您的邮件,您的处理编号为……” 
Then it has a little formula that I wrote to up the case number every time. 我用了一个小公式,每一次都会在上一个数字上加1。
And I put it on the server and set it running. 然后把它放入服务器,让它运转。
I'll be honest, guys -- then I forgot about it. 坦白讲--我最后把这事给忘了。
I checked back on it the other day, and it appears there have been a number of emails going back and forth. We're on 21,439. 过了几天我回头查看邮件,它显示出,来回的回复邮件,达到21439篇。
It gives me an immense sense of satisfaction to know that these computer programs are just going to be pinging one another for eternity. 这件事带给我了很大的满足感,我意识到这些电脑程序可以一直相互回复,无穷无尽。
And as legacies go, I don't think that's bad. 作为一种馈赠,我觉得还是不错的。
So guys, just remember: if ever you feel weighed down by the bureaucracy and often mundanity of modern life, don't fight the frustration. 所以朋友们,请记住:如果你们感觉自己被官僚主义深深压迫或者被平淡无奇的生活压迫,不要和沮丧做无谓的抗争。
Let it be the catalyst for whimsy. Thank you. 让它成为我们的动力,搞点小怪。谢谢。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/syp/452500.html