TED演讲:关于听的艺术(11)(在线收听

 If we see someone in a wheelchair, we assume they cannot walk. 当我们看到有人坐在轮椅上,我们就认为他们不会走路。

It may be that they can walk three, four, five steps. That, to them, means they can walk. 或许,事实上他们可以走上好几步。  而这,对他们来说,意味着。
In a year's time, it could be two extra steps. 或许一年以后,他们可以一次多走两步。
In another year's time, three extra steps. 再过一年,他们可以多走三步。
Those are hugely important aspects to think about. 这其实是很值得好好思考的地方。
So when we do listen to each other,it's unbelievably important for us to really test our listening skills,to really use our bodies as a resonating chamber, to stop the judgment. 因此,当我们真正彼此倾听的时候,我们应该先测测自己倾听的本领,真正地把我们的身体作为共鸣腔。 停止表面的判断。
For me, as a musician who deals with 99 percent of new music,it's very easy for me to say, Oh yes, I like that piece. 对我来说,作为一个99%都在与新音乐打交道的音乐家,要说出噢,对,我喜欢这首。
Oh no, I don't like that piece. And so on. 噢,不,我不喜欢那首。”等等这样的话是很容易的事。
And you know, I just find that I have to give those pieces of music real time. 但我发现我应该给与那些音乐更多时间的关注。
It may be that the chemistry isn't quite right between myself and that particular piece of music,but that doesn't mean I have the right to say it's a bad piece of music. 有可能,仅仅是我和那首歌之间并没有很好的化学反应,但这并不代表着我有权利评价,这不是首好曲子。
And you know, it's just one of the great things about being a musician,is that it is so unbelievably fluid. 其实,这是作为音乐家感觉最棒的一点,是种让人难以想象的液体。
So there are no rules, no right, no wrong, this way, that way. 因此,没有规则,没有对错,没有这样那样的方式。
If I asked you to clap-maybe I can do this. 如果我让大家发出拍击声,或许我可以这么做。
If I can just say, Please clap and create the sound of thunder. 如果我说:请大家发出拍击声。发出打雷般的声音。
I'm assuming we've all experienced thunder. 假设大家都知道打雷是怎样的声音。
Now, I don't mean just the sound;I mean really listen to that thunder within yourselves. 现在,我说的不是声音本身,我所说的意味着真正地全身心地去听雷声。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/452949.html