TED演讲:一位性工作者的诉求(12)(在线收听

 This distinction between victim and empowered is imaginary.  受害者和掌权者的区别是虚假的。

It exists purely to discredit sex workers and make it easy to ignore us. 它的存在只是为了败坏性工作者的名声,让社会更加轻易的无视我们。
No doubt many of you work for a living. Well, sex work is work, too. 在座各位为谋生而工作。性工作也是工作。
Just like you, some of us like our jobs, some of us hate them. 就像各位一样,有些人热爱自己的工作,有些人憎恨它。
Ultimately, most of us have mixed feelings.  最终我们中大多数人对这份工作都怀着复杂的感情。
But how we feel about our work isn't the point. 但是我们对工作是什么感情并不是重点。
And how others feel about our work certainly isn't.  别人怎么看我们的工作也不是重点。
What's important is that we have the right to work safely and on our own terms. 重要的是我们有权利根据我们自己的主张安全的工作。
Sex workers are real people.  性工作者也是人。
We've had complicated experiences and complicated responses to those experiences. 我们有复杂的经历和对那些经历复杂的反应。
But our demands are not complicated.  但是我们的要求并不复杂。
You can ask expensive escorts in New York City,  你可以问在纽约的高级陪护,
brothel workers in Cambodia, street workers in South Africa  柬埔寨的妓女,南非的站街工作者,
and every girl on the roster at my old job in Soho, and they will all tell you the same thing. 和我以前工作过的伦敦苏活区里每一个名单上的女孩,他们都会告诉你同样的事情。
You can speak to millions of sex workers and countless sex work-led organizations. 你可以问千千万万个性工作者和不计其数的性工作领导机构。
We want full decriminalization and labor rights as workers.  我们需要完全的无罪化,和其他工作者一样的劳动者权益。
I'm just one sex worker on the stage today, but I'm bringing a message from all over the world. Thank you. 今天我只是一个站在台上的性工作者,但是我带来了全世界的声音。谢谢。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/452978.html