摩登家庭第三季 第34期:曼尼不是推销员的料(在线收听

 Okay. Huddle up, everybody. Your mother's right. She's the quarterback of this family, and we need to protect her like blind side did. 好吧。大伙都过来。你妈妈说的对。家庭似球队,母如四分卫,我们要像"弱点"一样守护她。

She just said the mom was blind side. 她刚说"弱点"是那个妈妈。
Well, she's confused. Blind side was the black kid who played tight end. 她那是气糊涂了。"弱点"指的是打右边锋的黑人小孩(其实是左边锋)。
Offense line. -Sorry. African-american kid. 防守球员准备。-抱歉。我的小黑孩儿们。
There she is. Ay! Stella! Ay, thank god you found my dog. Thank you. 她在那边。嘿!斯黛拉!谢天谢地,狗被你找到了。多谢你。
This is my dog. Her name's pinky. 这是我的狗。她叫小粉。
No, it's not. Her name is Stella. It says right here on the tag. Look. 不,不对。她叫斯黛拉。狗牌上写的清清楚楚。看。
Uh, uh, uh, excuse me. Hi, sweetie. What's your name? -Blanche. 等下,抱歉。亲爱的。你叫什么名字?-布兰奇(欲望号街车女主角的名字)。
Shut up. Mitchell would die. Listen, we don't know you. You seem like a very sweet little girl, and right now we're forced to-- 太巧了吧。米奇尔上边去。听着 我们不认识你。但我们觉得小姑娘很乖很听话,我们没得选择,只有......
I can't believe I'm saying this to you-- rely on the kindness of strangers. 终于说到这句了我好开心,要依赖陌生人的善心(欲望号街车着名对白)。
I'll sell her to you for $200. 两百块卖给你们。
That's it. Give me my dog. Oh, really? The little girl thinks because she can scream, she can get away with everything? I can scream, too. 够了。把狗还给我。来真的吗?小姑娘当真以为会尖叫就可以不讲理吗?尖叫我也会。
What the hell sound is that? 这是什么鸟声音?
Coyotes must've got a cat. Jay, can we stop now? I'm getting hungry. 估计猫被郊狼逮住了。杰,我们能停了吗?我饿了。
You know what the problem is? You're not hungry. 知道吗问题就在于,你卖不出去也不会挨饿。
I had a carrot at 3:00. 我只在3点钟时啃过一根胡萝卜。
What if you couldn't feed your family unless you made this next sale? 如果你下笔再卖不出去全家都要饿肚子怎么办?
What if you were gonna lose your house? 再卖不出去房子就要被收怎么办?
I know I was pushing the kid hard, but here's the thing-- I'm an older dad. I'm not gonna be around forever. 我知道这么教孩子有点太严,但是我是老来得子,在他身边的日子没那么多了。
And I'll sleep better knowing he's got something to fall back on. 要确保他有门吃饭的手艺,我才能睡个安稳觉。
Come on! Let's hit another one. - I can't do it. - What? 快!我们再走一家。-我做不到。-什么?
I don't have what it takes. - What kind of talk is that? 我没这本事。-这叫什么话?
It's the truth, Jay. I'm not a great salesman. I'm not a great businessman. I'm not you. 这是事实,杰。我不是推销员的料。更不是商人的料。我跟你不一样。
Do you know what it's like to see all the amazing things you've accomplished, knowing I never will? 看到你成绩卓越,却知道自己永远无法企及这种感觉你懂不懂?
How am I supposed to live up to you? How is anyone? 我怎么才能与你比肩?谁能做出你的成就?
Ah, so the fish weren't biting today. So what? That's life. You tried hard, and that's what matters. -Yeah. 看来鱼今天都不上钩。那又怎么样?人生不如意者八九。重点在于是否为此努力。-没错。
You know, I-I actually need some wrapping paper. You know where I can find some? 听着,其实我需要一些包装纸。知道从哪能买到吗?
You don't have to do that. - I want to do it. 你不用帮我的。-我真心想帮你。
You'll never go broke playing to a rich guy's ego--- Write that down. 拍富人马屁,定一本万利。把这话记下来。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mdjt/d3j/470608.html