《查莉成长日记》精讲 135(在线收听

Well, this is awful.

这下悲剧了。

I can't believe we're spending Charlie's birthday in jail.

真不敢相信查莉的生日要在监狱里度过了。

Well, as long as we're all in here together, let's go over some ground rules. This is just a chair.

好了,既然我们都在这里,那我们就重申下一些准则。这只是一把椅子。

Well, what if I...-Uh-uh. -What if...-Hold it.

但,如果我...... -不成。-如果...... -打住。

Guys, it could be worse. Mom and dad could know we're here.

两位,还有更糟的呢。老爸老妈会知道我们在这里的。

Kids? -Uh-oh.

孩子们?-惨了。

Hi, mom. Hi, dad. -Hi. -Hey.

好啊,老妈。好啊,老爸。-好。-都好。

Nice family you got here. I'm guessing the dog is in the pound?

这下全家团聚了。你们家的狗是不是也被抓进笼子里了?

We don't have a dog, officer "snootee."

我们家没狗,“史努提”长官。

It's pronounced "snoo-tay." Get in there, you two. -Here.

是“史努忒”。你俩快进去吧。-给你。

What are you guys doing here?

你们这仨小鬼在这里干嘛?

What are you guys doing here?

你们这俩老鬼在这里干嘛?

Okay, before we get to that, let's go over the ground rules again. Dad, I want you to pay extra close attention.

别吵了,在我们争论那问题之前,我们还是再来重申下准则吧。老爸,尤其是你要注意听了。

Today's all burnt toast

生活搞得一团糟

Running late, and dad jokes

就要迟到,爸爸在叫

Has anybody seen my left shoe

我左脚的鞋子有没有人看到

I close my eyes, take a bite

我闭上眼,咬口早餐

Grab a ride, laugh out loud

跳上车子,放声大笑

There it is up on the roof

哎呀,老爸,鞋子就在房顶上

I've been there, I've survived

我也曾这样生活,我已经顺利走过

So just take my advice

所以听取我的建议

Hang in there, baby

宝贝,不要放弃

Things are crazy

世界有很多疯狂无奈

But I know your future's bright

可是我知道你会有美好将来

Hang in there, baby

宝贝,不要放弃

There's no maybe

不要怀疑

Everything turns out all right

一切终会如你所愿

Sure life is up and down

生活有悲有喜

But trust me it comes back around

但是请相信我坚持就有好结果

You're gonna love who you turn out to be

你会喜欢将来的你

Hang in there, baby.

宝贝,不要放弃。

So my kids are in jail. Anybody wanna tell me why?

我的孩子们在监狱里。有谁能给我解释下吗?

Nope, we're good.

没人,我们挺好的。

Well, what about you? Why are you guys in jail?

好了,那你们呢?你们怎们进来的?

Hey, we asked you first. Start talking.

嘿,我们先问的。请先回答我们。

All right well, as the oldest I guess I owe you guys an explanation. It's all Teddy's fault.

好吧,作为老大我会给你们一个合理的解释。这全是泰迪的错。

What? It is not!

什么?你胡说!

Oh really? We wouldn't be here if you hadn't promised Charlie a birthday present you couldn't deliver.

噢,是吗?如果你没有承诺给查莉买一个你完全支付不起的生日礼物我们就不会在监狱里了。

Well, Charlie, here you are, watching your favorite TV show, "the gurgles."

查莉,快看啊,这是你最喜欢的电视节目《咯咯笑》.

That's the sound we make

这就是我们的声音

If we march in circles and watch you play along

如果你够乖和我们一起兜圈圈

Just sit down, annoy your mom and sing the gurgle song, gurgles!

那就快坐下,给妈妈捣捣乱一起唱咯咯歌,咯咯笑!

It's kind of annoying, but I guess it's entertaining to your little brain.

有点闹心,不过我猜这和你的胃口。

Oh, "the gurgles!" What did I miss?

噢,是《咯咯笑》!我都错过什么了?

I love gurgles. -Shh!

我喜欢咯咯笑。-嘘!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/clczrjjj/510727.html