波希米亚丑闻 27设计圈套(2)(在线收听

Holmes had sat up upon the couch, and I saw him motion like a man who is in need of air.

福尔摩斯靠在那张长沙发上。我看到他的动作很象一个需要空气的那种人的样子。

A maid rushed across and threw open the window.

一个女仆匆忙走过去把窗户猛地推开。

At the same instant I saw him raise his hand, and at the signal I tossed my rocket into the room with a cry of "Fire!"

就在那一刹那我看到他举起手来。根据这个信号,我把烟火筒扔进屋里去,高声喊道:“着火啦!"

The word was no sooner out of my mouth than the whole crowd of spectators, well dressed and ill–gentlemen,

我的喊声刚落,全部看热闹的人,穿得体面的和穿得不那么体面的人,绅士、

ostlers, and servant-maids–joined in a general shriek of "Fire!"

马夫和女仆们,也齐声尖叫起来:“着火啦!"

Thick clouds of smoke curled through the room and out at the open window.

浓烟滚滚,缭绕全室,并且从打开的窗户冒了出去。

I caught a glimpse of rushing figures,

我瞥见争先恐后匆匆跑动的人影。

and a moment later the voice of Holmes from within assuring them that it was a false alarm.

稍过片刻,我还听到从房里传出福尔摩斯要大家放心那是一场虚惊的喊声。

Slipping through the shouting crowd I made my way to the corner of the street,

我急速穿过惊呼的人群,跑到街道的拐角。

and in ten minutes was rejoiced to find my friend's arm in mine, and to get away from the scene of uproar.

不到十分钟的时间,我高兴地发现了我的朋友,他挽住了我的胳膊逃离喧嚣骚动的现场。

He walked swiftly and in silence for some few minutes until we had turned down one of the quiet streets which lead towards the Edgeware Road.

在我们转到埃奇韦尔路的一条安静街道以前,他有几分钟都默默地急速向前走着。

"You did it very nicely, Doctor," he remarked. "Nothing could have been better. It is all right."

"医生,你干得真漂亮,"他说道,“不可能比这更漂亮了。一切顺利。"

"You have the photograph?" "I know where it is."

"你弄到那张照片了吗?""我知道在哪儿了。"

"And how did you find out?" "She showed me, as I told you she would."

"你是怎样发现的?""这正如我和你说过的那样,是她把照漂亮给我看的。"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/533826.html