《梅林传奇》第一季 第六集 灵丹妙药(12)(在线收听

I'd better get on with my errands.

我也得回去干活了。

Yes, of course, you must.

那当然了。

Do you want me to get you anything?

有需要我的地方吗?

No, I'm fine. Just do what Edwin asks.

没有,没事。听从艾德文吩咐就好。

I have been through the court medical records with a fine tooth comb, sir.

我细细研读了宫廷医典。

And were your findings satisfactory?

结果是否尽如人意呢?

With regret, I would have to say they were not. How so?

很遗憾,我必须说没有。 何以言此?

Gaius is a great man, thorough and dedicated. But?

盖乌斯是个伟大的人,兢兢业业。 但是?

His methods are outdated. He has failed to keep up with the latest developments. This has led to a number of errors.

他的疗法太过时。跟不上日新月异的医疗发展。于是便犯下了小差错。

Gaius has served me well for 25 years.

盖乌斯服务于我有25年了。

And one cannot blame him for the infirmity those years have brought. Age can be a terrible curse.

时间催人老,无可厚非。岁月不饶人。

Perhaps it is time to lighten his burdens. Have you given any more thought to my offer?

也许是时候减轻他的重负了。你是否认真考虑过我的聘任?

Yes. I have considered it very carefully. Allow me some time to do the same.

是的。我有认真考虑。给我些时间想想。

You heard what he said. Gaius is old, he makes mistakes.

你也听见了。盖乌斯老了,不中用了。

Gaius has treated me since before I can remember. You can't cast him out.

我有记忆之前,盖乌斯就是照料我了。你不能撇开他。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mlcqjj/dyj/546303.html