福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 第一季第10集 The Leviathan(35)(在线收听

Mom

我知道我不应该在你工作

I know I'm not supposed to come see you

的时候找你

while you're out on a job,

但你那晚给了我名片

but you did give me your card the other night.

我希望能和我女儿谈谈

I was hoping to talk to my daughter.

当然 请进

Mm, please, come in.

谢谢

Thank you.

你们俩聊着

I'll leave you two to chat.

这儿 挺好的

It's, uh... nice.

我没见过这样的屋子

I've never seen anything like it,

不过看起来很适合你的客户

but it seems like, uh, it suits your client.

你难道只是过来看看我住在什么地方

So, you just wanted to come over here to see where I'm staying

我知道你觉得我不喜欢你的新工作

I know you think that I don't like your new career.

别太发火

To put it mildly.

你说的没错 我是不喜欢

You're right, I don't like it.

但不是因为你想的那些原因

But not for the reasons that you think.

我不开心是因为做一个康戒陪护

I'm not happy that you're a sober companion

并不会让你开心

because it never seems to make you happy.

你又不知道什么能让我开心

How do you know what makes me happy

你是我女儿 我当然知道

I know because you're my daughter.

自从廉姆那件事 自从你放弃医学之后

After you left medicine, after what happened with Liam,

我一直认为这个工作

I've always thought that this job

是你为了 怎么说呢 为了

was something that you picked out of...

逃避责任而选择的

I don't know, out of a sense of duty.

当你那晚来参加晚餐

When you came to dinner the other night,

当你俩谈论夏洛克的工作时

when the two of you talked about Sherlock's work,

我从你眼中看到了一些东西

I saw something in you.

一些闪光的东西

There was a spark.

是让你兴奋的东西

A sense of excitement.

我很久都没见过你那样了

I haven't seen that in you in a long time.

你喜欢他做的那些事

You like what he does.

好的 没错 我是喜欢

Yes, okay, I enjoy it.

但我不是侦探

But I'm not a detective, Mom.

而且我快要结束夏洛克的工作了

And I'm almost done working with Sherlock,

然后会接待下一个客户

and then it's on to another client.

下一个客户能让你开心吗

Will the next client make you happy

人们总在不经意间发现他们的喜好

People find their paths in the strangest of ways.

非常抱歉打扰你们

So sorry to interrupt.

我只是看到

I've just, I've seen

新闻里在播一件不可思议的事

the most incredible thing on the news.

我相信你想看看

I'm quite sure you'd want to see it.

警方对于梵·高的杰作《圣母怜子图》

The police are puzzled by the sudden and unexplained return

的不寻常方式回归感到疑惑

of Vincent Van Gogh's masterpiece, Piet

它是被快递员直接送给

It was delivered by courier to the head

紫菀现代艺术博物馆馆长

of the Aster Museum of Modern Art.

纽约警察局推测窃贼肯定是

The NYPD is speculating that the thief must have been

受不了良心的谴责所以归还

suffering from a guilty conscience,

但是归还的具体动机

but the exact motive for the return

还是个迷

remains a mystery.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jbyyf/555366.html