真是有点俗气(在线收听


SCENE① C  柔丝家

【真是有点俗气】

 

Sue:       He named it after you.

苏:       他用你的名字取的。

 

Rose:     So?

柔丝:    所以咧?

 

Sue:       That's kind of 1) cheesy. He 2) obviously likes you.

苏:       真是有点俗气。他很明显在喜欢你。

 

Rose:     He wrote it in college! It has nothing to do with me!

柔丝:    他是在大学的时候写的!跟我一点关系都没有!

 

Sue:       So maybe it's 3) fate! Like he knew he would meet you someday!

苏:       那这或许是缘分啰!好像他早就知道有一天会遇见你!

 

Rose:     You're more of a hopeless romantic than I am.

柔丝:    你比我还更是无可救药的浪漫主义者。

 

Sue:       What are you waiting for? I want to hear it!

苏:       你在等什么?我要听!

 

Rose:     Okay, okay! (She plays the music)

柔丝:    好啦!好啦!(播放音乐)


语言详解

 

A: That show was so cheesy.

    那节目真是俗到家了。

 

B: Yeah. That's why all the girls were crying.

   对啊。那就是为什么女孩子看了都在哭。

 

be named after... 以(某人的名字)被命名】

 

为了表示敬意或怀念,美国人经常用已故亲人的名字为孩子命名。这种情况在台湾很少发生在人身上,但用在马路、建筑物的情形则相当普遍。

 

A: I was named after my German grandfather.

  我以我的德国祖父命名。

B: No wonder I can't pronounce your name!

  难怪我不会念你的名字!

 

1)  cheesy  (a.) 俗气的

2)  obviously (adv.) 明显地

3)  fate (n.) 命运

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/websj/8060.html