英语 英语 日语 日语 韩语 韩语 法语 法语 德语 德语 西班牙语 西班牙语 意大利语 意大利语 阿拉伯语 阿拉伯语 葡萄牙语 葡萄牙语 越南语 越南语 俄语 俄语 芬兰语 芬兰语 泰语 泰语 泰语 丹麦语 泰语 对外汉语

《简·爱》 Chapter 21 第二十一章(27)

时间:2022-08-31 07:30来源:互联网 提供网友:nan   字体: [ ]
特别声明:本栏目内容均从网络收集或者网友提供,供仅参考试用,我们无法保证内容完整和正确。如果资料损害了您的权益,请与站长联系,我们将及时删除并致以歉意。
    (单词翻译:双击或拖选)

Georgiana, when not unburdening her heart to me, spent most of her time in lying on the sofa,

乔治亚娜不向我吐露心声的时候大都躺在沙发上,

fretting about the dulness of the house,

为家里的乏味而发愁,

and wishing over and over again that her aunt Gibson would send her an invitation up to town.

一再希望吉卜森舅妈会寄来邀请信,请她上城里去。

"It would be so much better," she said, "if she could only get out of the way for a month or two, till all was over."

她说要是她能避开一、两个月,等一切都过去,那是再好不过了。

I did not ask what she meant by "all being over,"

我并没有问她“一切都过去”的含意,

but I suppose she referred to the expected decease of her mother and the gloomy sequel of funeral rites.

但我猜想她指的是意料中母亲的死,以及阴沉的葬礼余波。

Eliza generally took no more notice of her sister's indolence and complaints

伊丽莎对妹妹的懒散和怨言并不在意,

than if no such murmuring, lounging object had been before her.

仿佛她面前并不存在这个叽叽咕咕、无所事事的家伙。

One day, however, as she put away her account-book and unfolded her embroidery, she suddenly took her up thus.

不过有一天,她放好帐册,打开绣花活计时,突然责备起她来。

Georgiana, a more vain and absurd animal than you was certainly never allowed to cumber the earth.

乔治亚娜,在地球上过日子的动物中,没有比你更爱虚荣更荒唐了。

You had no right to be born, for you make no use of life.

你没有权利生下来,因为你空耗了生命。

Instead of living for, in, and with yourself, as a reasonable being ought,

你没有象一个有理智的人该做的那样,为自己生活,安分守己地生活,

you seek only to fasten your feebleness on some other person's strength.

而是仰仗别的人力量来支撑你的软弱。

If no one can be found willing to burden her or himself with such a fat, weak, puffy, useless thing,

要是找不到谁愿意背这个肥胖、娇弱、自负、无用的包袱,

you cry out that you are ill-treated, neglected, miserable.

你会大叫,说人家亏待了你,冷落了你,使你痛苦不堪。

Then, too, existence for you must be a scene of continual change and excitement, or else the world is a dungeon.

而且,在你看来,生活该是变化无穷,激动非凡的一幕,不然世界就是监狱。

You must be admired, you must be courted, you must be flattered

你要人家爱慕你,追求你,恭维你

you must have music, dancing, and society -- or you languish, you die away.

你得有音乐、舞会和社交活动--要不你就神衰力竭,一天天憔悴。

Have you no sense to devise a system which will make you independent of all efforts, and all wills, but your own?

难道你就没有头脑想出一套办法来,不依赖别人的努力,别人的意志,而只靠你自己?

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎点击提交分享给大家。
------分隔线----------------------------
TAG标签:
顶一下
(0)
0%
踩一下
(0)
0%
最新评论 查看所有评论
发表评论 查看所有评论
请自觉遵守互联网相关的政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
验证码:
听力搜索
推荐频道
论坛新贴