英语 英语 日语 日语 韩语 韩语 法语 法语 德语 德语 西班牙语 西班牙语 意大利语 意大利语 阿拉伯语 阿拉伯语 葡萄牙语 葡萄牙语 越南语 越南语 俄语 俄语 芬兰语 芬兰语 泰语 泰语 泰语 丹麦语 泰语 对外汉语

《简·爱》 Chapter 20 第二十章(11)

时间:2022-08-30 09:26来源:互联网 提供网友:nan   字体: [ ]
特别声明:本栏目内容均从网络收集或者网友提供,供仅参考试用,我们无法保证内容完整和正确。如果资料损害了您的权益,请与站长联系,我们将及时删除并致以歉意。
    (单词翻译:双击或拖选)

Oh! I could not forget his look and his paleness when he whispered: "Jane, I have got a blow. I have got a blow, Jane."

呵,当他向我低声耳语:“简,我遭到了打击。我遭到了打击,简,”,我决不会忘记他的表情和苍白的脸色,

I could not forget how the arm had trembled which he rested on my shoulder.

我也不会忘记他的胳膊靠在我肩上时,是怎样地颤抖的。

And it was no light matter which could thus bow the resolute spirit and thrill the vigorous frame of Fairfax Rochester.

使费尔法克斯·罗切斯特坚毅的精神折服,使他强健的体魄哆嗦的,决不是一件小事。

"When will he come? When will he come?" I cried inwardly,

“他什么时候来呢?他什么时候来呢?”我内心呼喊着,

as the night lingered and lingered —

夜迟迟不去 —

as my bleeding patient drooped, moaned, sickened.

我这位流着血的病人精神萎顿,又是呻吟,又想呕吐。

And neither day nor aid arrived.

而白昼和支援都没有来临。

I had, again and again, held the water to Mason's white lips,

我已经一次次把水端到梅森苍白的嘴边,

again and again offered him the stimulating salts.

一次次把刺激性的嗅盐递给他。

My efforts seemed ineffectual.

我的努力似乎并没有奏效。

Either bodily or mental suffering, or loss of blood, or all three combined, were fast prostrating his strength.

肉体的痛苦,抑或精神的痛楚,抑或失血,抑或三者兼而有之,使他的精力衰竭了。

He moaned so, and looked so weak, wild, and lost,

他如此呜咽着,看上去那么衰弱、狂乱和绝望,

I feared he was dying, and I might not even speak to him.

我担心他要死了,而我也许甚至同他连话都没有说过。

The candle, wasted at last, went out.

蜡烛终于耗尽,熄灭了。

As it expired, I perceived streaks of grey light edging the window curtains.

灯灭之后,我看到窗帘边缘一缕缕灰色的微光。

Dawn was then approaching.

黎明正渐渐到来。

Presently I heard Pilot bark far below, out of his distant kennel in the courtyard.

不久我听到派洛特在底下院子里远远的狗窝外吠叫着。

Hope revived. Nor was it unwarranted:

希望复活了,而且有了保证。

In five minutes more the grating key, the yielding lock, warned me my watch was relieved.

五分钟后,钥匙喀喀一响,锁一开动便预示着我的守护工作解除了。

It could not have lasted more than two hours. Many a week has seemed shorter.

前后没有超过两小时。但似乎比几个星期还长。

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎点击提交分享给大家。
------分隔线----------------------------
TAG标签:
顶一下
(0)
0%
踩一下
(0)
0%
最新评论 查看所有评论
发表评论 查看所有评论
请自觉遵守互联网相关的政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
验证码:
听力搜索
推荐频道
论坛新贴